Forklift Refresher Certification
The Best Refresher Course Recertification 2021
The Ontario government requires trained forklift operators to complete recertification every 3 years to maintain their qualification. https://www.osha.gov/laws-regs/standardinterpretations/2007-07-25
Keep your employees up to date with refresher training courses to keep you and your employees compliant with OSHA Forklift certification requirements.
Refresher training, including an evaluation of the quality of that training, is required with OSHA forklift certification to ensure that employees are able to operate forklifts safely with the most up-to-date information.
Refresher training is required if the following occurs:
- Unsafe operation
- Accident or near-miss occurs
- An evaluation of the operator’s skills indicates a need for it
- When different types of equipment are introduced
- The workplace condition changes
An evaluation of each forklift operator’s performance must be conducted after the following to meet forklift training requirements:
- After initial training,
- After refresher training, and
- At least once every three year
Topics covered in this course include but not limited to:
Re-training is also required in the event of the following:
- Accident / near accident
- Forklifts being used in an unsafe way
- Extra training is required
- Changes in the workplace
- New forklift type or model
- 3 years have passed
- Health and Safety standards
- Legal rights and responsibilities for forklift operators
The Refresher Course is 4 -6 hours depending on the number of participants. In-class theory with a practical driving assessment in their own warehouse setting.
We will also go over some of the other important course topics such as:
- Fundamentals of powered lift trucks
- General operating procedures
- Load handling
- Re-fuelling and battery recharging
- Workplace safety
- Forklift Stability
- Dock area safety
- Pedestrian awareness
After completing the training course, each operator’s theory knowledge will be assessed using a multiple-choice test and practical evaluation of their ability to operate a forklift truck in a safe and efficient manner. Upon successful completion of the evaluation, each operator will receive a wallet size ID license and Certificate of Achievement.
Training will be completed at the employer’s premises.
Refresher Course / Operator RecertificationOnsite Training
Contact us today for more details